Welcome to Our Lady of Peace Parish – Calgary Maronite Catholic Church
Our Lady of Peace was established to serve the Maronite Christian community of Calgary. We are a Christ-centered community, building a healthy congregation, committed to serving the spiritual needs of all Christian sects in our community.
The Maronite Catholic Church is one of the Syriac Eastern Catholic churches. It grew from the Maronite Spiritual Movement that was founded by Saint Maroun. Saint Maroun was known for his missionary work, healing and miracles, and teachings of a monastic devotion to God.
Fr. Daniel Fares can be reached at (403) 289-8954
For your support, please donate by:
- e-Transfer to email@example.com
- Mail a cheque payable to Maronite Catholic Parish of Calgary to our address at:
Our Lady of Peace Parish
Maronite Catholic Church
504, 30th Avenue N.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2M 2N6
All donations will receive a tax receipt.
Thank you for your support!
One day, Dominique Savio was asked what he would do if he were to die that day.
Without hesitation, he replied, “I would continue to play”. He could continue to play because he was already living every moment of his life doing God’s will.
So he had nothing to change. He did not know when God would call him, but he was ready to go at the first
The Lord reminds us that we must always be vigilant and prepared for our encounter with him. At midnight, or at any time, He can ring at our door to invite us to receive the Lord.
Death does not make an appointment in advance. Thus «you know neither the day nor the hour» (Mt 25:13). Being vigilant does not mean living in fear and anguish. This means living with responsibility our lives as children of God, our lives of faith, hope and charity. The Lord continually awaits our constant and patient response of faith and love in the midst of our daily occupations and concerns that shape our future.
- COVID-19 Restrictions
Places of Worship
Mandatory restriction – Effective Sept. 16
- Capacity limited to 1/3 fire code occupancy.
- Masks are mandatory.
- 2 metres physical distancing between households, or 2 close contacts for those living alone.
Weddings and Funerals
Mandatory restriction – Effective Sept. 20
- Indoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services are permitted with up to 50 people or 50% of fire code occupancy, whichever is less, unless the hosting facility implements the Restrictions Exemption Program.
- Indoor wedding and funeral receptions are prohibited, unless the hosting facility implements the Restrictions Exemption Program.
- Outdoor ceremonies, services and receptions are permitted with up to 200 people and must follow liquor sales and consumption restrictions (sales end at 10pm, consumption by 11pm), unless the hosting facility implements the Restrictions Exemption Program.
- Welcoming Your Pastor to Your Home
Praying and visiting with him is the most important thing!
You are under no obligation to prepare or serve any elaborate meal for the priest. A cup of water would be helpful!
Please call (403) 289-8954 to book an appointment
- Mass Intentions
You can offer your Mass Intentions of beloved ones or any intention you want to pray for by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fr. Daniel Fares can be reach at (403) 289-8954
If you have any suggestions to enhance the spiritual, educational, or physical needs of the parish, please let us know by emailing Father Daniel at email@example.com