The focus of this program is to offer bible studies to children in a fun and interactive environment. The program is taught in English. The lessons will be related to the weekly Bible readings and /or bible stories. Related craft activities will also be done as part of the lesson.
Please note that we are NOT a baby-sitting service and we will not be treated as one.
This program is for school-aged children who can listen to instructions and participate in a group setting. A separate activity and play area will be provided for children under 5 years old but these children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
WHO WE ARE
Sunday School is a program run by volunteers during Sunday Mass at 11:30 AM. The program runs from September to April of a season. It is under the direction of Fr. Michel however we are always looking for ADULT teachers and volunteers to help out. We would also like to ask all the teenage youth to help us in delivering this program to the younger children of our parish. All those interested in volunteering can speak with Fr. Michel. Class is located downstairs in the basement.
All children and families interested in our Sunday School program MUST register for the program in September of the current year. A family registration fee applies. Anyone NOT registered will not be included in the program.
This is because the program requires preparation and purchase of material and crafts, therefore, costs are incurred by the program. We need to know the exact number of children in our program to be able to accommodate and provide material to everyone.
GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS
- Sunday School is for school-aged children ages 5 to 11 years old
- Children must register for the program and pay the registration fee in SEPTEMBER for the season (September to April)
- Children under 5 can join the designated activity and play area, HOWEVER, they are to be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
- Children 12 years old and over can participate as volunteers to help younger kids in the class
- Children who do not behave in class will be asked to leave and re-join their parents upstairs
- Children who show signs of a cold or flu (runny nose, cough, sneezing) will not be allowed in the classroom as a courtesy and precaution to all.
- No food is allowed in the classroom